The Babolat Pure Drive Team Wimbledon Tennis Racquets feature an attractive new Wimbledon inspired cosmetic for one of the best selling tennis racquets in the world. The Pure Drive Team makes power accessible to tons of playing styles thanks in part to the light 10.1 ounce unstrung weight, and spacious 100 square inch head. Though the flex is on the firmer side, Babolat has added SWX Pure Feel, powered by an extended wrapping of SMAC inside the frames shaft to improve comfort. Babolat’s new HTR system gives the racquet a new lay up composition to help convert fast swings into explosive shots. With this Pure Drive Team, Babolat focused on improving the sound and feel at contact, while keeping the 4 pts head light balance, and manageable swing weight. FSI Power technology is back again with enhanced diamond shaped grommets for increased power and a larger sweet spot. The Pure Drive Team offers the same addictive powerful response as the regular Pure Drive but with an easier to manage weight.
New technology features within the 2021 Pure Drive Team include “HTR System,” a new lay-up composition for an improved High Torsional Rigidity to yield unseen explosivity, especially on powerful shots played at high intensity. Babolat has also included “SWX Pure Feel” powered by SMAC. Babolat has extended the wrapping of “SMAC” technology. Babolat’s cutting-edge vibration filtration system integrated into the lay-up provided an unrivaled feel at ball impact and a unique feel and sound on every shot. Babolat continues the use of “FSI Power” technology with optimized diamond grommets for a bigger sweet spot & an “Elliptic” frame construction.
The Pure Drive Team Wimbledon specifications align right with the previous version, featuring a 100 square inch head size, a light 10.6 ounce strung weight with a 16×19 string pattern
- Cortex System: Cortex system is the first technology customized to filter different vibrations. Cortex is revolutionary active technology placed between the throat and handle of the racquet. With this new technology, the two parts of the racquet are linked by an interface in CDS (Cortex Damping System) material. This technology allows to filter the different vibration modes. It eliminates unnecessary vibrations and enhances the feel of the ball.
- For competitive players, Cortex filters vibrations for purer feel of the ball.
- For club players, Cortex provides maximum comfort.
- For the 2018 Pure Drives Babolat introduces the most evolved version of Cortex technology to date, called Cortex Pure Feel. For this version, Babolat partnered with a company called SMAC, which supplied a thin viscoelastic rubber that is uniquely tailored to absorbing impact vibration. According to Babolat, it also provides a great sound and more direct feel.
- Woofer: WOOFER is a patented innovation by Babolat. WOOFER is the first dynamic system which makes the frame and strings interact when striking the ball. The frame is basically static and holds the driving force of the racquet – the strings – in place. Today the way strings are attached to the frame limits the performance of this driving force. The strings are attached to both sides of the frame. Only some strings are active when struck by the ball. This means that racquets do not deliver their full potential. Babolat set out to imagine a racquet optimizing the frame and the strings – to invent a frame which permits all the strings to work together to their full potential when striking the ball:
- Pulley Function:
- The WOOFER eliminates string lock-up : the strings are free to move.
- The whole surface area reacts on impact : with the WOOFER, more strings work together when striking the ball. The strings are interactive.
- Piston Function:
- Increase the trampoline effect : the piston function enables greater surface deformation on impact.
- Shock absorption : the pistons act like a suspension system to dampen vibrations.
- Pulley Function:
- GT Technology: GT construction provides excellent stability at ball impact. The additional rigidity provided by this technology allows for more power and precision, making it perfect for modern ball strikers!
- Elliptic Geometry: Babolat’s Elliptic Design promises no twisting, no bending and no added weight to your racquet. It provides:
- Greater resistance to torque and flex (+20% compared to a traditional frame design) with no added weight.
- Power with exceptional maneuverability.
- EVO Beam: Different thickness of the beam for less torque at ball impact and better responsiveness.
- FSI Power Technology: Wider spacing between the cross strings to boost power, spin, comfort and playability!
- For the 2018 Pure Drives only, Babolat adds diamond shaped grommets to the FSI Power technology. This gives the strings a greater range of movement, resulting in a further increase in power and comfort.
- For the 2021 Pure Drives, Babolat extends the SMAC (viscoelastic rubber) layer further up the shaft for increased dampening.